A Decision-Support and Personal Advocacy Program for SCC Members and Their Families
“KnowHow” is a free, decision-support and personal advocacy program that helps SCC members live life on their terms by knowing what they don’t know. KnowHow doesn’t make the decision. It makes the decision you make, better!
KnowHow has been a partner to Senior Community Connections in supporting its’ members, since SCC opened its doors in October 2017.
Innumerable studies show, time and again, that older adults suffer disproportionately from missteps, misinformation and unfortunate decision-making that can derail one’s quality of life. Prudent counsel, however, is often hard to come by: costly, biased, or worse — ill-intended. Where then might one turn to get help; assess the landscape; and plot next steps? KnowHow has filled this void for scores of individuals and families throughout the Lake Norman Region as it becomes increasingly recognized as a trusted and discerning advocate for those it serves.
Areas Where KnowHow Matters:
- Social Security
- Planning with the End in Mind
- Patient Savvy
- Financial Savvy
- Retirement Cornerstones
- Intermediary with agencies
- Forms & Applications
- Personal Concerns
KnowHow . . .
- Accessible by phone, email or home visit.
- “Walks with you” throughout the process.
- Strictly confidential: personal information is not disclosed without permission.
- Free of charge: does not sell or offer any fee-based services.
- KnowHow services are provided by David Critchlow, a retired senior health care executive and founding board member of DVN.