Friendly calls and check-ins create meaningful connections between volunteers and isolated seniors.
Phone calls and check-ins allow clients to take their mind off the current pandemic and reminisce about joyful memories from the past. It also helps to take their mind off stressful daily tasks, such as getting to a doctor’s appointment or safely going grocery shopping.
While the friendly phone calls allow volunteers to check in on isolated individuals and ensure their health and safety needs are being met, while also allowing both the volunteer and client to benefit from meaningful conversations and friendships.
Through a trusted network of vetted volunteers, Senior Community Connection provides assistance with transportation, technology support, personal advocacy and information, minor household repairs, friendly visits and calls, and help with day-to-day errands. Members and their families have peace of mind knowing that local support is only ‘a phone call away’. So why is it important?
- Empowers members to live in their own homes and communities
- Promotes healthy living, social integration and well-being of older adults in our community
- Fosters independence and community integration
- Peer-to-peer network encourages more connections
- Enhance seniors’ quality of life