Villages build relationships and develop community through social activities such as potlucks, book clubs, exercise/wellness activities, and educational and cultural programs.
You can expect social events, interest groups, exercise classes, coffee dates or meals out, etc., planned by members, for members! Some activities, such as concerts or classes, require direct payment by members.
Through a trusted network of vetted volunteers, Senior Community Connection provides assistance with transportation, technology support, personal advocacy and information, minor household repairs, friendly visits and calls, and help with day-to-day errands. Members and their families have peace of mind knowing that local support is only ‘a phone call away’. So why is it important?
- Empowers members to live in their own homes and communities
- Promotes healthy living, social integration and well-being of older adults in our community
- Fosters independence and community integration
- Peer-to-peer network encourages more connections
- Enhance seniors’ quality of life