Volunteer with SCC
Senior Community Connections thrives because so many caring volunteers make “SCC life” engaging and responsive to member interests and needs.
We have three types of volunteer opportunities (service, organizational, and Board membership) covering an array of rewarding ways for you to employ your time and talents.
Service volunteers provide direct services to members. Some examples of these services such as rides for seniors, are listed below. Note that you do not have to commit to driving members to be a service volunteer.
- Rides for seniors, driving members locally (Mooresville, Davidson, Cornelius, Huntersville); rides outside of the service area will be determined on a case by case basis and the availability of volunteers.
- Running errands
- Making friendly phone calls or visits
- Helping around the home
- Providing technology assistance
- Attending SCC events
Organizational volunteers provide administrative and committee support per examples below. Do not feel confined by these – let us know your skills and interests and we’ll look to accommodate. Please note, SCC does not have a physical office. Other than meetings and events at designated locations, volunteer activities are based remotely.
- Helping plan events
- Handling email & phone inquiries
- Helping with Member intake, orientation and requests
- Entering data
- Helping with marketing & outreach
- Taking photos at events
- Helping with financial management tasks
- Helping with fundraising
Board members provide leadership, community representation and organizational stewardship such as
- Strategic planning
- Organizational development
- Performance assessment
- Member satisfaction
The ambassador is a fourth volunteer opportunity open to SCC Members only.
Ambassadors are SCC members who want to help new members enjoy and benefit from their membership in these ways:
- Reaching out to welcome new members
- Informing new members about upcoming New Member Social Events
- Helping new members get connected to the services and activities that they would like
Who can volunteer?
Any adult (18 years or older) who wants to contribute to the mission of Senior Community Connections is welcome to volunteer. This includes SCC members, some of whom are SCC Service Volunteers, Organizational Volunteers or Ambassadors. Children under 18 can also volunteer if they are supervised by a parent or guardian. Volunteers will be trained and supported in all their volunteer activities including but not limited to rides for seniors, running errands and more.
FOR MORE INFORMATION about volunteering with SCC, call (980) 689-1843 or email email@example.com.
You can download a volunteer application by clicking here, and email it as an attachment or mail it to us at SCC, P.O. Box 327, Davidson, NC 28036